Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yes

I'm going to start approaching this blog a little differently from here on out. What this will likely have to become in order to survive is a place to channel momentary thoughts, not life's philosophies to be shared when I feel like writing. Countless amounts of people have told me that I have to blog about Europe/Spain when I go and because I will want to spend as little time in front of a computer as possible, my previous expanding blog posts will have to step aside for thoughts of the aside. 

"I would love to come out to Denver this summer," I said to my aunt last weekend. "Yes, I'm gonna try to make it happen."

And now I just bought my ticket to Denver, for under $300 for 6 days. Wow, that's exciting. I'll be there July 4th-10th, all because I said "yes."

I have been saving money far more effectively than I ever could have imagined and I am on pace to be very comfortable when going abroad(as long as I choose not to party hard 24/7). And when my aunt told me in a doubtful voice that she'd love to see me again before I left, I said "yes." 

Who knew that one word could be so liberating. People always say "why not," but instead of just saying, try feeling it. Try removing that barrier of debilitating practical limitations and ingrained hesitation. Just get rid of those and then say "yes" without a single doubt in your decision. 

I'm going to Denver in July. I'm going to go further West than I ever have been. I'm going to drive hours and hours South to meet my brother halfway. I'm going to climb whatever mountain is nearest us when we meet. Hell, I'm going to eat a Rocky Mountain Oyster if I can.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

Sure, there is too much of a good thing, and saying yes to everything could probably lead to overexertion or something like that, but I think that's only in the case of things you wouldn't always say "yes" to in ideal conditions. If you want to do something, do whatever you can to make "yes" possible. I saved money and asked off work. It's a "yes" for me, it should be for you too.

And in about 4 months it will be "si" for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment